San Jose Surf Soccer Club aims to provide for our club members and encourage participation, even in difficult financial seasons. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are proud to be able to offer limited financial assistance in support of your membership to our club. If you feel your family/player is a candidate for assistance in our Competitive program, you may confidentially apply for financial assistance for a portion of your fees as listed below. Please note that all assistance is based on need, as determined by each submitted application and supporting tax/financial/government documentation. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that any request for financial assistance may be fulfilled.
- Competitive Program: Partial aid may be considered towards the training fee only (up to $1,100), AFTER basic registration fee ($390 required payment) has been paid. Families are still responsible for payment of uniforms, tournaments, and other team fees.
APPLICATION: San Jose Surf Soccer Club has partnered with School and Student Services (SSS) in our club’s financial aid process. SSS is a leader in providing financial aid assistance with schools and clubs, large and small. Its application process can be completed in both English or Spanish. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete the SSS Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) then submit the required documents for our Club indicated in the pdf instructions, below.
- The PFS is an application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until our deadline approaches. You will need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS.
- The $55 application fee is non-refundable but will be reimbursed in any financial aid award. The reimbursement is provided by Club donors who generously support our Financial Aid program.
- We recommend reviewing SSS resources to help families with the financial aid process. They are found at http://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents.
- We will communicate our financial aid decision to you, directly from the SSS platform. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point and consider our Club policies, practices, and available budget.
DEADLINES: All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted by August 1st, 2021.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD: Notification of acceptance/denial for financial assistance awards will be completed prior to August 15th, 2021, and will come via email from the platform, SSS.