Club America San Jose (CASJ) began in 2007 as a result of the efforts of a group of local parents with a desire to bring affordable competitive soccer to the San Jose. Due to the enormous growth of both the population in San Jose and the popularity of soccer nationwide, CASJ grew from four teams at its inception to sixteen teams in 2015. In January 2017, Club America joined San Jose Surf.
As the Northern California operating affiliate of the San Diego Surf Soccer Club (serving the entire Bay Area Peninsula soccer market), San Jose Surf shares the Surf “Best of the Best” mission – to provide all boys and girls players starting at young ages (U8/U9) with the best coaching and player development program, from elementary school through college, working in collaboration with, not in competition with local and community soccer clubs.
San Jose Surf Soccer Club is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
To be a players-first club offering a holistic club soccer experience for our parents and players, emphasizing the development of each member to his or her full potential. We aim to provide best-in-class on- and off-field resources, competition, coaching and exposure to our club, our coaches, our parents and most importantly our players. San Jose Surf strives for the highest level of competition for our players teams, building from the ground up with a development first model.
- Discipline: Discipline is the spark that ignites the fire of habit. Fires must be lit daily, and discipline provides the original source of energy.
- Integrity: Our actions embody respect for ourselves, our teams, our opponents, our coaches, our families, and our community. We strive to be the best and play as the best.
- Excellence: Drive is fueled by desire, belief, and the expectation that we can achieve something extraordinary through our collective efforts. The drive and motivation of our players and coaches inspires, and is integral to our excellence. We are committed to working hard every day while developing patience, discipline, respect, and responsibility in all of our players.
- Passion: We create a culture that values collaboration to achieve success both on and off the field. Each player, coach, parent, and alumni strives to be the best to make the San Jose Surf community our strongest yet.
- Solidarity: Solidarity is at the heart of our program, and drives us to excellence. We value and welcome different personalities, cultures, backgrounds, genders, languages and styles. Our differences allow us the opportunity to be open, understanding, and accepting of all.
OFF-FIELD PLAYER SUPPORT
San Jose Surf has cultivated a leadership group and staff that has a proven track record in supporting player, personal, social/emotional, and academic needs off the field in a variety of ways:
- Economic support for players via tuition assistance and internship/job placement assistance.
- Family support via logistical arrangements for player families to meet soccer-related travel needs.
- Academic advising to assist students and their families with academic planning decisions and the college application process.
- Academic support though provision of site-based academic tutoring and preparation for college standardized testing requirements.
- Health and well-being support via contacts in the medical and physical therapy fields.